As the first month of 2022 almost ends, it’s the perfect time to start planning out your year and making it a year to remember. Despite the pandemic that is still impacting our lives and family, I encourage you to review your options. Even if you can’t travel to another country for a holiday, you can still have a great year. Today I’d like to inspire you with a few suggestions on how to make the year 2022 your greatest ever.
- Go for the job promotion – it will allow you to make more money and advance your career. Promotions often bring up even more career advantages. Show your manager that you’re deserving of a raise by keeping your head down at work.
- Spend more time with family and friends. Plan family nights with movies, games, or whatever interests your children and spouse. Spend as much time as you can with your family in your spare time. Invite friends over for dessert or an appetizer. It’s wonderful to connect with people. This will also prevent you from becoming isolated from the rest of the world.
- Enjoy a wonderful vacation. Okay, so this one might not be ideal for your health, but if you investigate parks, historic sites, and other family destinations in your area, you could still have a great time.
- Improve your health and fitness. There is no better moment than right now to take charge of your health and fitness and become the best version of yourself. Your body will thank you.
- Make a difference in the lives of others by volunteering your time and talents. Imagine yourself in that situation, needing just a sliver of guidance to help you get back on track. Volunteering can take several forms, including helping the elderly, animal rescue, or the hungry. What ever your interests are, there are charities that need help.
- Allow yourself to relax and unwind. While visiting and helping others is a wonderful thing to do, it is important to remember to set aside time by yourself. If you are always giving without re-fueling your spirit, you can be overwhelmed. Last week we discussed simple ways to relax your mind. Meditation is a terrific approach to relieve stress, as well as exercise, a good night’s sleep, or a relaxing bath. You might even be considering a new bed to improve your quality of sleep. Adjustable ones can help improve your posture if you’ve got aching joints, and if you have sleep apnea can also help you sleep for longer without disturbing your partner.
- Try something new. This could be anything you want to do. Make every effort to push yourself to the edge and discover a new sense of freedom in your life. Many people discover a new hobby that enriches their life.
- It’s easy to forget to smile in the midst of all the negative news we see and our own personal difficulties. Putting a smile on your face instantly helps you feel better, and there’s no finer make-up a woman can put on her face than a smile.
You’ve got this; 2022 will be your year!
This is a collaborative post, but all opinions are my own.