Several years ago I shared a recipe for marinated spicy roasted cauliflower. The marinade includes chili powder, cumin, and curry for a spicy flavor. Today’s recipe, parmesan roasted cauliflower is a simple but flavorful dish that many home cooks seem to overlook. This dish is perfect for winter, especially when paired with a side of roasted potatoes and meats or served with some warm pasta. Roasting the cauliflower brings out its natural nutty flavor, and the parmesan cheese adds a crispy richness that will have you craving more. A whole roasted head of cauliflower can be really impressive.
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Use organic when available. Makes 6 1/2 cup servings
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives plus for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Cut leaves and bottom core off cauliflower so it's flat
- Place in a shallow microwave-safe baking dish & add about 1 inch of water
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes
- Remove drained cauliflower from glass dish & move to baking sheet
- Combine Greek yogurt, chopped chives, parsley, and garlic in a bowl
- Spread on the cauliflower from top to bottom
- Press parmesan cheese onto top of cauliflower and down sides
- Bake cauliflower until tender and golden about 40 minutes
- Cook until the tip of a sharp knife slides all the way to the core of the cauliflower with little resistance
- Garnish with fresh parsley or chives
Thanks for the visit. Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.
14 thoughts to “Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower”
This sounds delicious and definitely something my family would eat. I don’t have a microwave but I guess that I could just boil the cauliflower first.
Yes a pre-boil will cut your roasting time. Add it to a pot of boiling water. Thanks for the nice comment Catherine!
I can just imagine this on a roast dinner. It looks and sounds delicious. x
This looks delicious.
I’m going to try this particular cauliflower dish. I’ve done different dishes but not this one. Thanks Carol
I’m so glad you like it. Hope you’re well.
…this looks cheesy good.
This sounds delicious and easy enough to prepare for just me (since I don’t think anyone else in the house but my husband would even try it). Pinned.
thanks for the pin Joanne
Your roasted cauliflower is the perfect blend of savory flavors… and I love the added punch of flavor that the lemon juice adds!
My 2 boys will usually only eat cauliflower if it’s covered in cheese sauce but your recipe sounds great, thank you
Roasted Cauliflower? I must try it!!
Gracias por la receta te mando un beso.