Fall is the perfect time for get-togethers and soon the season ends with a celebration of gratefulness. Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away. If you’re having a crowd over before dinner, offer some appetizers that are not only tasty but also a little bit nutritious. You may have seen versions of this tray around the internet. Today I’m discussing a Turkey Caramel Apple Tray. Food art in the shape of a turkey. This is the perfect fall tidbit before the big meal. Slice apples of your choice and arrange them in a half circle at the top of a large plate or tray. Place a round bowl or container of dip at the bottom with 2 chocolate chips and a candy corn placed on it. The chips are eyes and the candy corn is his beak. You now have a cute turkey, and if you use 2 different types of apples, the “feathers” will vary. I suggest Granny Smith, Fuji, or Honeycrisp.
For the dip you may choose to purchase caramel sauce or chocolate caramel sauce. Another option is a bottle of natural peanut or almond butter with a spoon. Nut butters are thicker than dips and sauces. The spoon will help guests add nut butter to apple slices. Since COVID, I would recommend a small container of toothpicks on the table for use with the apples.
Turkey Caramel Apple Tray
Use organic when available. Use 1/2 to 1 apple per person.
- 1/2 to 1 apple per person
- 1 container caramel dip (or chocolate or peanut butter)
- 2 chocolate chips for eyes
- 1 candy corn for beck
- Wash apples well and dry
- slice apples into wedges
- arrange slices in a half circle
- If using both green and red apples, alternated colors on tray
- Place bowl or container in middle of tray below apple slices
- Place 2 chocolate chips on dip for eyes
- Place a candy corn below eyes in middle for beak
- Serve with toothpicks for apple slices
- If you use a thick nut butter for dip, place small spoon in container
Thanks for the visit. Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.