Summer heat is on and lots of folks are wondering what to do with all those tomatoes from the garden. Fresh tomatoes, Parmesan cheese. fresh basil, olive oil, and toasted Italian bread make a simple appetizer, lunch or snack. Add balsamic vinegar and your treat has a little kick. Summer toast – Give it a try!
You can top the toast with the tomato mixture right before serving or put out a bowl of tomato mixture beside a platter of toast. The latter works well at a party where the bruschetta may sit for a while.
Basalmic Tomato Bruschetta
Use organic when available.
Balsamic Tomato Bruschetta
Balsamic Tomatoes & Basil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 plum tomatoes diced
- 7 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf bruschetta Italian bread or baguette slices (abt 12 slices)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) with rack in top slot
- Mix tomatoes with garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed - tomatoes love salt!
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place bread on baking sheet
- Brush bread with olive oil
- Broil on top rack for about 1 to 2 minutes and then flip and repeat
- Watch carefully to prevent burning
- Arrange the toasted bread on a platter, olive oil side facing up
- Serve the toasts plain with a bowl of the tomato bruschetta mixture on the side optional
- Use a spoon to gently top each toasted bread slice with some of the tomato mixture right before serving
This post was featured at
If you liked this post, you might like:
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.