Holiday parties mean great food. Today I’m making cream cheese and black olive penguins to liven up all your winter celebrations. They’re fairly simple to make using 3 ingredients: black olives in 2 sizes, cream cheese, and a sliced carrot.
If you want to make little scarves for your penguins, use pimento slices or slice a few green onion tops lengthwise.
Serve with a cheese board and crackers or a plate with Grinch fruit holiday appetizers.
Cream Cheese Penguin Appetizers
Use organic when available, serves 18
Cream Cheese Penguin Appetizers
- 18 pitted jumbo black olives
- 18 pitted small black olives
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 medium carrot (1 inch diameter) cut into 1/4" slicese
- Optional 1 jar sliced pimentos or 2 or 3 green onion tops sliced lengthwise
- Cut a slit from top to bottom on each jumbo olive from top to bottom on one side only
- Insert about 1 teaspoon cream cheese into olive
- Cut small notch out of each carrot slice to form feet
- Press cutout notch piece into center of small olive to form beak
- If necessary, make small slit in small olive with knife or toothpick to press carrot into
- Set a jumbo olive, large hole side down, onto a carrot slice
- Place small olive on top of jumbo so beak, cream cheese chest, and notched carrot line up
- Push wooden toothpick through two olives and feet
- Optional wrap pimento slice around neck between two olives
- Optional wrap long green onion slice around neck between two olives
This post was featured at:
If you liked this post, you may like:
Choose all posts for everything or just what you like!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.
25 thoughts to “Cream Cheese Penguin Appetizers”
I am not a big fan of olives but, oh my, these look adorable!
they are really cute and if I’m honest, I’d rather have green olives
Hello, I like olives, These are so cute. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!
thanks Eileen – Happy Monday!
I love olives and these are absolutely the cutest. TFS
Thanks my friend
Very creative. Well done.
These look amazing! I’m going to pin them to my Christmas pinterest board so I can make them for our Christmas party! #MMBC
thanks for the pin!
I’m a massive olive fan – these are adorable!
If you like cream cheese too, you’ll love these!
Those penguins are sooo imaginative and look like even I can make them. Great idea!
These are absolutely adorable and perfect for a winter party! Thanks for another great idea :o)
Have a great day Catherine!
How cute!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 6. Shared. I’d like to invite you to also link up at my Short Story Link Party. It is a creative writing exercise for fun and without a lot of editing. Just start typing and see what you come up with! Remember, no story is too short! See the party on my site for the current prompt 🙂
I love penguins and black olives! These cream cheese penguin appetizers are so cute and they sound delicious! Thank you for sharing.
thanks for coming by!
These are adorable! What a great recipe. Would be fun to place a few strategically around an appetizer table for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the idea!
Yes I think a couple of them on an appetizer tray for any winter party is perfect!
These are just too cute!! Pinned – Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party – Have a wonderful week and hope to see you again next week.
thanks for the pin – have a great week!
These little penguins made me smile Carol… how adorable and yummy!!
Thank you for sharing this recipe at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I’m delighted to be featuring it at tonight’s party and pinning too.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne
I’m delighted you like my little penguins and are featuring them. See you at the party!