Summer is the perfect time for a great salad with fresh strawberries. Today I added cashews and fresh green beans for crunchy goodness. It is vegan as written but could be a main course with the addition of cooked chicken breast or shrimp.
Start with a mix of your favorite salad greens. Blanche some green beans and let cool. This could easily be done ahead of time and the beans could be placed in the refrigerator until time for the salad. Add the green beans, strawberries, and nuts and serve with the balsamic vinaigrette.
Strawberry-Cashew Salad with Green Beans
Use organic when available, serves 4 as side dish
Strawberry-Cashew Salad With Green Beans
- 1 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 10 oz salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil
- Add the green beans and a pinch of salt
- Blanch about 2 minutes until crisp-tender
- Have a bowl of ice and water ready
- Drain green beans and put in ice bath to cool and stop cookingbreast or shrimp
- Drain green beans and dry thoroughly or your salad will be soggy
- Toss greens gently in large bowl with green bean
- Add strawberries and cashews on top
- In separate bowl, stir the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup together
- Slowly stream the olive oil into the mixture while whisking continuously
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad or serve it on the side
- Optional add cooked chicken breast or shrimp for main course salad
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.