It’s hot here in Florida; we’ve had temperatures in the 90’s for over a month. I’m in the mood for refreshing and thirst-quenching cold drinks. Today’s recipe is a strawberry-lime infused water. For a sweet drink add a little honey and you’ve got a honeyed strawberry flavor. I love strawberries and so does our bodies. Eating strawberries has been shown to improve heart health, help with blood sugar control and even cancer prevention. They are loaded with vitamins and contain very high levels of antioxidants called polyphenols. Just one serving (approximately 8 strawberries) contains more vitamin C than an orange.
In one cup of water, add sliced strawberries, lime slices, honey if you’re using it, and a few mint sprigs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove bowl from refrigerator and remove lime and mint. Squeeze fluid from lime into water. Blend the water until smooth and then filter through a sieve or colander with cheesecloth into clean pitcher. This removes the pulp and seeds. Add lots of cold water and stir. Refreshing! For a special treat, use sparkling water and relax with your spa-level drink.
Use organic when available, Serves 10
Strawberry Lime Water
- 4 cups sliced strawberries plus some for garnish
- 3 limes: 2 sliced limes for drink plus one lime sliced for garnish
- 6 fresh mint sprigs torn in pieces plus 4 for garnish
- 8 cups cold filtered water
- 1/3 cup honey optional
- Mix strawberries, lime, mint, and honey if using in bowl with 1 cup water
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours
- Remove from refrigerator
- Remove mint and lime and squeeze fluid from lime slices into water
- Blend strawberry water
- Filter through sieve or cheese cloth lined colander
- Add 7 more cups of cold water
- Stir and garnish with strawberry slices, mint leaves, and/or lime slices
- Put in refrigerator to chill for several hours or serve over ice immediately
Enjoy a cold glass of strawberry lime water!
If you liked this post, you might like:
This post was featured at:
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.