It’s the time of year for celebrations of all kinds. What’s one of the most favorite ways to celebrate? Good food of course!
Today I’m sharing a delightful mix of sweet and savory taste which is a perfect appetizer, snack, or even breakfast. Crusty bread with goat cheese topped with fresh strawberries and balsamic glaze is delicious any time of the year and certainly a festive addition to your parties. I’m using bruschetta but if that isn’t available try rounds of baguette slices.
Since December is not the best time of year for sweet strawberries, you can add the optional teaspoon of honey or agave nectar to the vinegar. When your strawberries are sweet, it’s really not necessary.
Strawberry & Cheese Bruschetta
Use organic when available
Balsamic Tomato Bruschetta
Balsamic Tomatoes & Basil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 plum tomatoes diced
- 7 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf bruschetta Italian bread or baguette slices (abt 12 slices)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) with rack in top slot
- Mix tomatoes with garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed - tomatoes love salt!
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place bread on baking sheet
- Brush bread with olive oil
- Broil on top rack for about 1 to 2 minutes and then flip and repeat
- Watch carefully to prevent burning
- Arrange the toasted bread on a platter, olive oil side facing up
- Serve the toasts plain with a bowl of the tomato bruschetta mixture on the side optional
- Use a spoon to gently top each toasted bread slice with some of the tomato mixture right before serving
If you like this post, you might like:
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.