I’ve shared with you my love of fresh salads including last week’s simple cucumbers and tomatoes. You’ve probably noticed I like to add fruit to my veggies and veggies with my fruit. It’s a win-win. Today let’s looks at fresh summer cantaloupe and spice it up with tomatoes, black pepper, and onions. This is another great way to use the veggies in your garden.
If you’re the kind of person who really needs a leafy green in all your salads, throw in some baby spinach, avocado, and a little cucumber. It’s a great classic variation with the same sweet cantaloupe with a savory verve. A perfect blend of sweetness and savory with a classic vinaigrette dressing.
This would make the perfect salad to take along to outdoor gatherings or BBQs or to serve as a side at pretty much any dinner.
Cantaloupe Summer Salad
Buy organic when available
- 1/2 fresh cantaloupe seeded, cubed or scooped with a melon baller
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/4 onion chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- optional baby spinach and a chopped cucumber
- In a bowl whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Add cantaloupe, onion, & tomatoes to bowl
- Toss gently to coat
Best served fresh, though leftovers keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days
Choose all posts for everything or just what you like!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.