If you want a tasty & healthy side dish, you can’t go wrong with mashed cauliflower. With less starch and fat than standard mashed potatoes, it works well for a low carb diet. You can adjust the ingredients for your family’s taste and make it your own while knowing you’ve added great nutrition. Cauliflower fights inflammation, lessens heart & circulatory issues, lessens cancer risk, provides an abundant supply of Vitamin K, improves digestion, and supports healthy weight loss.
If you’re not a fan of Parmesan cheese, try a low-fat goat cheese, or feta.
Creamy Cauliflower Mash With Garlic
Use organic when available, Serves 4
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 1 Clove garlic smashed
- 1 tbsp Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup optional fresh parsley or chives
- Steam cauliflower about 10 minutes until tender
- Drain and reserve some water from steamed cauliflower
- Heat olive oil in pan
- Saute crushed garlic for about 2 minutes
- Remove garlic from pan and reserve
- Place 1/2 cauliflower in food processor or high-speed blender
- Add reserved water as needed to bland and make creamy
- Add rest of cauliflower a little at a time
- Blend and add coconut milk
- Add garlic, margarine, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper
- Blend until smooth
- Optional garnish with parsley or chives
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.