Wishing you a blessed Memorial Day!
I am so happy that I’m finding fresh green beans at Tasty Tuesday’s Farmer’s Market. I can’t tell you how much I love them. Today let’s look at an easy salad with steamed green beans, blue cheese, a little red onion, and pecans. It’s a great side or a tasty lunch I can tell you. Need a little more taste? Add chopped tomatoes. This chilled dish works great at a summer cookout.
Green Bean Salad With Blue Cheese Makes 4 servings
Use organic when available
- 1 lb fresh green beans in 2″ pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- bowl of ice water
- a handful of chopped tomatoes (Optional)
- Steam green beans over 1 inch of water for 2 to 4 minutes
- Cook until tender but still firm
- Remove from heat and plunge in ice water
- Remove from water and dry beans
- Add beans, onion, cheese, (tomatoes), and pecans to a medium bowl
- Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and olive oil in small bowl with salt and pepper
- Pour dressing over salad
- Toss lightly
- Refrigerate for at least an hour
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.