Al Fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon has 70% less fat and 40% less sodium than pork bacon. Now I’ve tried turkey bacon before and expected something similar. I stand corrected. Tasted like regular bacon with great flavor. It comes both uncooked and precooked and ready to use. Oh my I’m going to be experimenting with more ways to use it. If you’re interested in trying it, check out your zip code for stores that sell it. This is NOT a sponsored post.
I’ve wanted to try this classic hors d’oeuvre, bacon wrapped stuffed dates, for sometime but really couldn’t before due to the high fat and sodium in bacon. Since I’ve discovered I like chicken bacon, I’m now trying new dishes and experimenting. Today’s dish is Bacon Wrapped Gorgonzola Stuffed Medjool Dates. Oh boy! It’s a great party appetizer, breakfast or even lunch with a salad.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Medjool Dates serves 12
- 24 pitted dates preferably Medjool
- 3 1/2 oz Gorgonzola cheese cut into 24 pieces
- 12 slices of chicken bacon halved crossways
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C)
- With tip of sharp knife cut a slit into each date
- Fill each date with one of cheese pieces
- Roll a half of bacon slice around the date
- Place dates seam side down in baking tray
- Bake 5 minutes
- Turn each date over
- Bake another 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp
- Remove from oven
- Drain on paper towels before serving
This post was featured at:
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.