Al Fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon has 70% less fat and 40% less sodium than pork bacon. Now I’ve tried turkey bacon before and expected something similar. I stand corrected. Tasted like regular bacon with great flavor. It comes both uncooked and precooked and ready to use. Oh my I’m going to be experimenting with more ways to use it. If you’re interested in trying it, check out your zip code for stores that sell it. This is NOT a sponsored post.
Last week I bought bacon for the Zuppa Toscana soup I shared. The Al Fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon was so surprisingly good I used it today for my new Avocado BLT. Yum!
I’ve always loved a BLT – bacon, lettuce and tomato make a fabulous combination. I’m also very fond of avocados and tomatoes; it just seems that avocado with bacon and tomatoes just has to be great. Avocado contains the “good” kind of fat to help balance the fat in the bacon.
I’m using whole grain oat bread – my favorite bread – for my sandwich. My only regret is that the sandwich isn’t bigger. Use the bread of your choice but I do suggest a whole grain beauty toasted and ready for the layers.
Use organic when available. Serves 1
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 2 slices thick cut uncured bacon, crisp-cooked
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 green leaf lettuce leaf
- 3 slices avocado
- 2 tbsp optional alfalfa sprouts or micro greens
- Evenly spread both slices of toast with mayo
- Start with lettuce to layer ingredients
- Follow with tomatoes, bacon and avocado
- Top with sprouts or micro greens if using
- Cut in half for easy eating
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.