Florida produces the majority of fresh strawberries in the US in the winter. Our big strawberry festival is in Plant City, Florida each March. The 11-day Florida Strawberry Festival will run from March 1-11, 2018 and feature headline acts like Brad Paisley, I Love The 90’s Tour, and Babyface. It is a fun food and music festival. You wouldn’t believe all the strawberry dishes served.
I am busy eating fresh Florida strawberries, and I thought I’d share a great appetizer – Baked brie with fresh strawberries. Personally I love baked brie with a molten center. If you’re not familiar with brie, check out my simple serving facts at Serving Brie. Add fresh strawberries and balsamic vinegar and it’s a real treat. I’m hungry already.
Strawberry Baked Brie
Use organic when available. Serves 8
Strawberry Bakekd Brie
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam or preserves
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 8 oz wheel brie cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime zest
- optional 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
- In small sauce pan, cook jam & vinegar over medium heat until bubbly
- Place the brie wheel in a baking dish that you take to the table
- Place chopped strawberries & pecans on top of brie & cover with jam mixture
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is warm and soft
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves, optional
- With sharp knife cut a small wedge to allow cheese to run onto plate
- Serve with whole grain crackers or thin baguette slices
This post was featured at:
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page listing where I shared this post.