I’m celebrating Valentine’s Day with a brunch. The table is based on a new red runner with lace I got at the beginning of January at Ross For Less. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day but would work well for many other occasions – Christmas, Memorial Day, and 4th of July. The centerpiece today is a bouquet I made from red roses, red alstroemeria, and white baby’s breath. I put the flowers in a plain red glass vase.
I bought a bag of little hearts in white, pink, and red at Dollar Tree. Even though the hearts have a removable backing and are self-stick, I am applying school glue to the backing. Using a toothpick, I put glue on the backing – I do not remove the backing. I want to easily remove the hearts after the brunch. When I soak the vase in water, the school glue will slide right off. I chose the white and pink hearts to apply to the red vase.
I applied school glue to the back and put a large red heart on both sides of the white mugs. Now they’re perfect for the brunch but the hearts can easily be removed.
My white chargers are from Dollar Tree. I put hearts all around the edge – I didn’t glue them.
I put the white plate in the middle of the charger. I love the look and it only cost pennies.
I printed all my free Valentine printables . In the middle of each plate, is a Be My Valentine card. Perfect for the place setting.
I put the vintage card on each side of the flower vase. I punched 2 holes in the other cards at the top and wove white yarn through the 2 holes.
It makes a great Valentine’s banner. I hung the banner from removable hooks on the wall behind the table.
Brunch is chocolate pancakes with strawberry hearts. I removed the leaves and white portion underneath for each strawberry. Using a sharp knife, I cut a V into the top. Now I have a plate of Strawberry Hearts.
Add the chocolate pancakes and brunch is ready!
Use organic when available; makes about 10 pancakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Fresh strawberries & whipped cream
- In bowl whisk milk, egg, and oil until blended
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda
- Mix well
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients
- Whisk until dry ingredients are moistened ( will be slightly lumpy)
- Heat pan or griddle over medium heat
- For each pancake pour 1/4 cup batter
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges
- Carefully turn over pancake
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through
- Serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream
Hope you enjoyed my Valentine’s table.
This post was featured at:
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.