If you love smoothies but crave a thicker breakfast, try making a frosty smoothie thick enough to eat with a spoon and bowl. Today’s tasty treat is a Chocolate Almond Smoothie Bowl with coconut flakes, protein powder, nuts, and fresh fruit.
Start with frozen fruit to make it thick and frosty. Slice the banana and freeze. Mix the bananas, frozen mixed berries, almond butter, and honey in a blender or food processor and blend adding a little milk at a time until it is the thick consistency that requires a spoon. Garnish and welcome to a fabulous morning treat!
Chocolate Almond Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana sliced & frozen
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup mixed berries frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut for garnish
- 1 tablespoon granola, nuts, and or seeds for garnish
- fresh fruit for garnish
- Place banana, protein powder, berries, honey, and almond butter in blender or food processor
- Begin to blend and slowly add milk a little at a time
- Add until mixture is thick enough to eat with a spoon
- Continue to blend until smooth
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with coconut, granola, seeds or nuts, fresh fruit
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page listing where I shared this post.