Peppery arugula is the perfect vessel for this savory-sweet dish. My combination of arugula (with phytochemicals), dried cranberries (rich in antioxidants), dried nectarines ( with iron, potassium and antioxidants) and pecans (lowers bad cholesterol) is healthy and a wonderful treat for the senses in colors and taste.
I’m starting with a bag of organic baby arugula. The peppery tones play with the sweetness of dried fruit and a honey balsamic vinaigrette. Ripe cherry tomatoes and cucumbers add a great juicy taste, and feta cheese adds a creamy texture.
Savory Sweet Arugula with Cranberries & Candied Pecans
Use organic when available. Serves 4
Savory Sweet Arugla With Cranberries & Candied Pecans
- 2/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 xup honey
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 oz grape seed oil
- 4 cups tightly packed baby arugula
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cup candied pecans
- Whisk or blend vinegar, honey, salt and pepper
- Add oil slowly until mixed well
- In a large bowl, place arugula and pour 1/2 cup of vinaigrette down side of bowl
- Add the rest of ingredients and toss well
- Serve immediately
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!