The holidays brings us many of my favorite flavors – cranberries, oranges, and of course nuts. Today’s recipe uses almonds, but you could also make them with pecans or walnuts. It’s a pretty cookie and quite a hit with family and friends. If you want a taste of chocolate, drizzle melted white chocolate on top of the cooled cookies.
Cranberry Orange Cookies
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped almond or slivers
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- optional melted white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter and sugars
- Beat in egg
- Add orange zest and juice
- In large bowl combine flour and baking soda
- Mix in orange mixture
- Pulse cranberries in food processor or chop
- Combine cranberries and nuts into flour mixture
- Chill dough 20 minutes
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until edges turn golden
- Cool on racks
- Optional drizzle melted white chocolate on top of cookies
This post was featured at:
If you liked this post, you might like:
Cranberry Cherry Frozen Smoothie
Apple Cranberry Pie
Baked Brie With Cranberries & Pecans
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page for the parties where this post was shared.
12 thoughts to “Cranberry Orange Cookies”
Orange and cranberry sounds a wonderful combination – these look delicious!
Thanks, I just printed this. I made cranberry orange scones this morning.
I’d love to try your scones – Happy Monday!
These look amazing I will be trying them fo sure, thank you for your blog visit today.
…I don’t think that the white chocolate on top is needed.
me either but some folks like it
Wow, what a delicious looking cookie! Sounds go good. And your pics of the cookies are great, also.
thanks Debbie – have a great week!
Those look absolutely delicious!! I’d definitely put pecans in mine. Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.
thanks for the pin!
Owey gowey. Those cranberry organge cookies sound so yummy. I can imagine have 1 or 3 while drinking a cup of mint tea. 🙂 So yummy. Thanks for sharing with us Carol.
They are very popular in Finland too, perhaps for the abundance of cranberries. 😉
Thanks for sharing your excellent version with orange!