This is a natural, easy, recipe to exfoliate your body. If you are avoiding chemicals and want to save money, this simple DIY beauty treatment is for you. I like using organic olive oil but coconut, avocado, jojoba, almond, or grapeseed oils also work well. The added honey and oatmeal will nourish your skin while the sugar will exfoliate it. Use once a week on your body. Rinse well after use, and pat dry.
Add optional ingredients like dried herbs, essential oils, or fresh fruit like pomegranate seeds or mashed strawberries. For a great foot scrub, add a few drops of peppermint essential oil. Note if you add fresh fruit to your scrub, it will shorten the length of time it can be stored.
Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Body Scrub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (olive, coconut, almond, grapeseed,, jojoba)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp optional dried herbs like sage, peppermint or , lavender
- 1/3 cup optional fruit like pomegrante seeds or mashed strawberries
- optional a few drops of essential oil like lavender, peppermint, grapefuit
- Place oatmeal in blender and pulse a few times
- Mix brown sugar and oil in mixing bowl
- Add blended oatmeal and honey
- Mix well
- Add more sugar or oil to get right consistency
- Add any optional ingredients like herbs, essential oils, or fruit and mix well
- Spoon into 8 oz jar with lid
- Use once a week on body, rinse well, and pat dry
- It can be refrigerated and used for up to 30 days if fresh fruit is not added
- Avoid the face and do not use on an oily part of your body to prevent break-outs
- Give a mason jar of scrub as a gift with a tag of instructions.
Like to make homemade Christmas gifts? A mason jar of DIY brown sugar & oatmeal body scrub is a great gift for your friends. Add a ribbon and attach the printable instructions to the jar. It’s a great homemade gift.
Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Body Scrub Tag of Instructions
Print on card stock sized 7″ x 5″.
Punch hole in corner of tag and tie with ribbon to jar.
NOTE: If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, please do not use. To test for sensitivity, apply a small amount to your arm and wait 10 minutes. Do not apply to the whole body if there is a reaction. You may replace any ingredient. Use organic for best results.
This post was featured at:
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see my Link Parties page listing where I shared this post.