Ditch the store body cream and make a fantastic blend of natural oils that will soften, moisturize, and soothingly caress your skin. There are many simple recipes for body butter but this one is so luxurious! Let’s start with coconut oil, a great moisturizer. Add shea butter which has so many benefits for the skin and is great in homemade beauty products. Throw in some cocoa butter with antioxidant qualities that take care of most signs of aging, and also protects the skin from outside agents as well. The antioxidants and beneficial organic molecules protect the skin from environmental, internal, and external forces that can cause irritation or damage to the skin. Finally add some almond oil (or other favorite oil such as avocado or grape seed oil) and Vitamin E and you have a perfect delight for your dry skin. And the best part, it smells like chocolate.
Whipped Body Butter
Use organic when available.
Whipped Body Butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup almond oil (olive oil, grape seed, avocado or jojoba oil)
- 1 tsp Vitamin E
- optional 2 to 4 drops essential oil
- Measure all butters and oil into a glass jar
- Cover the bottom of a slow cooker with water
- Turn slow cooker on high
- Put the glass jar in the center of the water
- Let it stay until the oils melt
- Stir with a wooden popsicle stick occasionally to combine the oils
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Add essential oil if using and stir
- Chill in your refrigerator for an hour or two until set
- Remove from the refrigerator and use a mixer to blend
- Start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes)
- Store in a glass jar and keep in a cool place
- If necessary in the future, you can refluff it with the mixer
- Butter should keep for 3 to 6 months if kept cool
Thank you for visiting.
This post was featured at
Get exclusive free printables & all the news straight to your mailbox!
Please see Link Parties listing where I party.